(1) Are you exercising trust in God’s omnipotence with faith in action?
(2) Jesus is unbelievably honest in prayer. How can we model Jesus’ honesty and trust in our prayers?
(3) How can we take the mindset of Jesus’ prayer, “Nevertheless, not what I will, but what you will,” into our daily fight for holiness?
(4) Have you thought Jesus was afraid to die? How does Pastor Cook’s enlightenment of this event change your thoughts/opinions? (134)
(5) How does the imagery of Jesus approaching God as Father in the darkness of death rather than on a mountain top resonate with you? (134)
(6) How often do you find yourself flesh-dominated, knowing the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak? Do you turn to God in prayer for help? (135)
(7) In your dark night do you go to God in prayer?
(8) In what areas of your life are you trusting in God’s power?
(9) Jesus the Comforter is with us in hours of darkness. Do you overcome sin with prayer and accountability?