(1) Do we ever get upset/surprised by someone receiving Jesus? If so, why (c.f. 2:17, Luke 19:7)?
(2) After seeing all the miracles and fulfilled promises throughout Scripture, why do we lack faith or doubt when God has told us He will do something?
(3) Following Jesus as the only hope for sinners is considered intolerant in today’s culture (pg. 13). What are some hardships you face when sharing Jesus with friends/family/coworkers?
(4) Jesus refers to himself using a more veiled title “Son of Man” in order to remove himself from the political aspirations placed on the coming Messiah. In what ways do we project aspirations on Jesus in our day that might not fit who He has told us he is (p 12)?
(5) Why did the Pharisees hate Jesus?
(6) Does your faith lead you to share with those closest to you? Why or why not?