Day 29: Be Ready! (13:28-37)
(1) How are you keeping watch for the Lord? How can we stay awake and be ready for his coming? (119)
(2) Do you find it comforting that our only hope is our faith in God and his Word? Do we truly trust God? How does Isaiah 51:6 change our disposition about the world? About God? (118)
(3) When Christ returns will you be busy being obedient? If he returned today, will Christ find you awake and self-controlled? (119)
(4) “Waiting on Christ does not encourage idleness but service” (119). Have I checked out? Am I only trying to run out the clock or am I actively looking for service opportunities?
(5) Do you anticipate Christ’s return in your lifetime?
(6) God’s people will remain busy until Christ returns. How can we share our anticipation of his return with those we serve?
Be on guard. Christ is coming again— it’s not important for me to know when; however, I am to be active in my waiting for His return.
In the hustle and bustle of culture, it’s far too easy to become complacent or bored with the status quo. We constantly look for newness and rejuvenation. Few know the pangs and struggles of perseverance and discipline.
For me, no matter how distracted or indifferent i become, the Lord brings me back to his joy and peace. I am thankful for his love and nothing helps me fight laziness and complacency more than sharing Jesus with others. Whether lost or hurting, Jesus restores us to himself where joy and exuberance lasts.