(1) Jesus is depicted in this passage as the eschatological judge. Do we find it difficult to see Jesus as our judge? Do we have things to be fearful of? (89)
(2) Are we faithful in repentance and forgiveness of others, or do we find ourselves harboring bitterness? If so, do we not heed the warning of Jesus that our prayers will be hindered? As God’s forgiven people, we have been forgiven so much. Why then do we allow unforgiveness to fester?
(3) Why do we find it so difficult to pray big prayers? What are some big prayers God has answered for you in the past?
(4) In what ways do you find yourself turning God’s gift into a private, materialistic gain for self, rather than in service to the Kingdom?
(5) How can we keep bitterness from becoming a detriment to our prayers? Who do you need to forgive today?