(1) Why are we so slow to learn and so quick to forget the wonders of God?
(2) How does knowing God worked for your good in previous situations offer hope in your present needs?
(3) What acts of God’s faithfulness in the past do you remember? How does that strengthen your faith for future faithfulness of God?
(4) How often do we want or ask God to perform yet another miracle or answer another prayer before we will believe or praise him (63)? (Think about the “shoebox God” strategy.)
(5) In what areas do you need God to soften your heart?
(6) What are some “respectable sins” (little sins) we have in our lives that we need to cast out and abstain from? What are some ways we can help one another in preventing and avoiding these sins? When was the last time you examined your heart? Ask God to bring clarity to the “little sins” in your life and that the Holy Spirit will bring conviction of sin and reassurance of forgiveness.
(7) Jesus is consistently described as compassionate and being moved with compassion. How does the compassion of Jesus encourage you today?