(1) How does God’s grace through Christ grant us freedom from the tendencies of legalism?
(2) The Pharisees were notorious for bending the Law in oppressive ways, as seen with the handwashing ritual meant for priests (54). In what ways do we still oppress ourselves and others with antiquated rules and practices?
(3) Pastor Cook reveals that our depraved hearts, whether Pharisaical or licentious, are detrimental. How does discipleship aid in keeping us accountable to God and others with these tendencies?
(4) What is the condition of our heart? Is it soft, pliable, and sensitive?
(5) How can a sense of duty and obligation to our faith keep us from seeing Jesus?