(1) Pastor Cook talks about the importance of having faith in the midst of fear (pg. 40). What are some ways you have been fearful, yet God has granted you courage in the midst of seeking Jesus? (5:36, c.f 4:40)
(2) How has your faith anchored you in the desperate times of life?
(3) Not everyone receives healing. How can we persist in obedient trust in the midst of suffering and trials?
(4) Following up, discuss the difficulties we face in true faith by trusting God in both his timing and when He does not heal or do that for which we prayed (pg. 41).
(5) In our Christian walk, many times we desire comfort over holiness. In these moments of desperation and faith, how does God use these moments to drive us to the feet of Jesus where the real power of Christ resides? (pp. 41, 42)